Cambridge Magazine March article
Best Brownies ever?
So many people tell us our Brownies are the best they have ever tasted. One regular visitor who comes for coffee 2-3 times a week, asked for the recipe. He still comes in just as often for a coffee and a Brownie. According to him it is just not the same eating them at home as it is enjoying our candle lit café…
200g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
3 large, organic, free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla paste 250g caster sugar
110g plain or gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon to a full teaspoon sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
2. Line a medium baking tray (about the size of an A4 sheet) with baking parchment or foil
3. Melt the butter and chocolate over a very low heat and remove to cool down.
4. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla using an electric whisk.
5. Once the chocolate butter mixture has cooled, add to the eggs and sugar.
6. Sift in the flour and salt.
7. Pour into the tray and bake for 15 minutes. The brownies should be slightly sticky at the centre.